- Conducts public hearings regarding deviation from zoning ordinances
- Makes decisions in the zoning deviation for or against the change, which can only be overruled by the district court
- Rules on the correctness of the building official’s interpretation of the zoning ordinance when questioned by City Council or citizens
- MEETS AT 7 PM :
- Second and fourth Tuesday of the month
- MEETING PLACE :
- City Hall, Council Chambers
The mission of the Board of Adjustment is to serve as an appeal board to preserve certain city ordinances and to consider variance request, authorizing specific requests without imposing undue hardships on individual citizens, but not contrary to the public interest using public safety, neighborhood preservation, and hardship as factors.
Membership & Meeting Details
The code enforcement manager will be an ex-officio member of the Board of Adjustment and will be responsible for preparation of the minutes, which are to be approved by the board at the next meeting. The Board of Adjustment elects a chairman and vice chairman. Prompt attendance at all meetings is urged. If three meetings are missed without a valid excuse, the member may be replaced.
|Charles Smith, Alt #1|
|Bobby Lydia, Alt #2|