- Holds public hearings about proposed economic development and community-enhancement programs and projects
- Makes recommendations to the City Council regarding those programs and projects and the expenditure of 4B sales tax funds
- MEETS AT 6:00 PM :
- Fourth Monday of the month
- MEETING PLACE :
- City Hall, Briefing Room
To serve as a catalyst for community development and economic opportunity.
Membership & Meeting Details
The board elects a president and a vice president. Prompt attendance at all meetings is urged. If three meetings are missed without a valid excuse, the member may be replaced.
In addition to the other qualifications as provided by law, all persons appointed as members of the Board shall be from one (1) or more of the following professional affiliations or disciplines:
- Commercial Real Estate
- Business Banking
- Financial Services
- Certified Public Accounting
- Chief Executive Officer/Chief Operating Officer
- Economic Development
- Land Planner
No more than two (2) members shall be from any single category, affiliation or discipline. No more than one (1) member of the Board may be appointed as a citizen member who does not possess the affiliation or discipline qualification as set forth in this subsection. Also, three (3) directors shall be persons who are not employees, officers of the City or members of the City Council.
|Steve Dial, President|
|Derwin Broughton, Vice President|
|Dr. Terry Smith|