Brush and Bulk
Brush and bulk is collected at the front curb twice per month in a combined amount no greater that ten (10) cubic yards per pick up
- If amount exceeds 10 cubic yards, the resident is responsible for removing additional debris (or wait to place at curb until next scheduled collection week)
- Place brush and bulk debris behind front curb and do not block sidewalks
- Separate brush and bulk debris piles by a minimum of two (2) feet, and separate other item from brush/bulk items by at least five (5) feet
Brush and bulk debris will be collected twice per month and residents have specific weeks for collection
- The first Monday of the month begins week one (1) collection
- Designated weeks begin Monday and run through Saturday of the same week (Republic Services has the entire week to collect debris)
- Brush and bulk debris should be out by 7:00 am on Monday of the scheduled pick up week, but no earlier than the Saturday prior to collection week
- Residents who live north of Wheatland Rd. have brush/bulk collection on weeks one (1) and three (3)
- Residents who live south of Wheatland Rd. have brush/bulk collection on weeks two (2) and four (4)
Piles of brush, limbs, and tree trimmings
- Uncontaminated loads of brush will go to Organix for recycling
- Brush pile should only contain organic yard waste
- Nothing other than brush and limbs should be included in brush pile
- Brush pile cannot exceed five (5) feet in height
*Place with Regular Trash
- *Yard waste less than two inches in diameter should be placed in a bag or cardboard box and the weight cannot exceed 35 pounds
- *Loose trash and debris will not be collected, place in bag or cardboard box for regular trash collection
- Items not placed in an approved container will be considered loose trash
Bulk items are considered household items such as furniture, mattresses, tables and appliances.
- Rugs less than 8′ x 10′ in size
- Water Tanks
- Wood fence pickets
- Household garbage and rubbish
- Refrigerators and window units (freon must be properly removed and equipment tagged by a certified technician)
- DIY remodel materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Electronic Waste
- Construction Material (lumber, drywall, paneling, tile, flooring, siding, concrete, etc.)
Brush & Tree Limb Pick Up
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding brush and tree limb pick up that are not answered below, please contact Water/Wastewater Operations Assistant Manager David Dunn at (972) 780-5079. Brush pick up is provided to residential customers by Republic Services (a subsidiary of Allied Waste) and can be reached at (972) 225-4207 or (972) 225-5252.
Free Mulch at the Service Center
Free Mulch is available to Duncanville residents only at the Service Center located at 330 Shady Trail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to schedule a brush pick-up?
No. You do not need to schedule a brush pick up. Republic Service provides brush pick up services for the residents of Duncanville. If you have a small amount of brush you can put it out with your trash. Please refer back to the brush page for set out requirements. If you have a large amount of brush, place it out front at the street curb. Please refer back to the brush page for set out requirements. Republic Services will service your neighborhood once every 14 days. For questions, or concerns please contact Republic Services at 972-225-4207 or 972-225-5252.
When will my brush be picked up?
Republic Services has 14 days to pick up brush that has been placed out properly. Please make sure to keep piles at least 5 ft from mailboxes, cars, utility poles, guide wires or any other obstructions that could cause a delay in services and/or could potentially be damaged. Do not mix trash or lumber in with your large piles of brush. If your brush has been out for more than 14 days and is set out properly please contact Republic Services at 972-225-4207 or 972-225-5252.
Why is the brush at my commercial property not being picked up?
Commercial properties do not pay for brush pickup like residential customers. Commercial properties are charge for garbage (trash) pick up only. This does not include brush or recycling services. You will need to arrange for pick-up directly with Republic Services at 972-225-4207 or 972-225-5252 to have the brush removed from your commercial property.