View the Solid Waste postcard direct mailed to households around January 1, 2020.
Solid Waste Collection Schedule & Map
Brush and Bulk
Brush and bulk is collected at the front curb twice per month in a combined amount no greater that ten (10) cubic yards per pick up
- Place brush and bulk at your curb by Monday at 7:00 am of your designated collection week, and no earlier than the Saturday prior to designated pick up week
- Republic Services has the full week to collect brush and bulk on designated weeks
- If amount exceeds 10 cubic yards, the resident is responsible for removing additional debris (or wait to place at curb until next scheduled collection week)
- Place brush and bulk debris behind front curb and do not block sidewalks
- Separate brush and bulk debris piles by a minimum of two (2) feet, and separate other item from brush/bulk items by at least five (5) feet
- No Construction Materials will be picked up. These items will need to be disposed of by the contractor doing the work or taken to Skyline Landfill for a $35 fee.
- Small do-it-yourself home project materials okay
Piles of brush, limbs, and tree trimmings
- Uncontaminated loads of brush will go to Organix for recycling
- Brush pile should only contain organic yard waste
- Nothing other than brush and limbs should be included in brush pile
- Brush pile cannot exceed five (5) feet in height
*Place with Regular Trash
- *Yard waste less than two inches in diameter should be placed in a bag or cardboard box and the weight cannot exceed 35 pounds
- *Loose trash and debris will not be collected, place in bag or cardboard box for regular trash collection
- Items not placed in an approved container will be considered loose trash
Bulk items are considered household items such as furniture, mattresses, tables and appliances.
- Rugs less than 8′ x 10′ in size
- Water Tanks
- Wood fence pickets
- Household garbage and rubbish
- Refrigerators and window units (freon must be properly removed and equipment tagged by a certified technician)
- DIY remodel materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Electronic Waste
- Construction Material (lumber, drywall, paneling, tile, flooring, siding, concrete, etc.)
Brush and bulk debris will be collected twice per month and residents have specific weeks for collection
- The first Monday of the month begins week one (1) collection
- Designated weeks begin Monday and run through Saturday of the same week (Republic Services has the entire week to collect debris)
- Brush and bulk debris should be out by 7:00 am on Monday of the scheduled pick up week, but no earlier than the Saturday prior to collection week
- Residents who live north of Wheatland Rd. have brush/bulk collection on weeks one (1) and three (3)
- Residents who live south of Wheatland Rd. have brush/bulk collection on weeks two (2) and four (4)
Per Article XIV-G, Screening Requirements, Walls, and Fences, refuse storage areas, not within a screened rear service area which are visible from a public right-of-way for all nonresidential, and multi-family uses shall be visually screened by a minimum six (6′) foot screening wall except the side used for garbage pickup service, which much provide a gate. No container shall exceed the height of the screening wall. Refuse containers over eight (8′) feet in height shall require a variance before the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Bollards shall be installed at the rear of the enclosure.
- Trash collection is provided twice per week
- Place trash at your curb or alley no earlier than 12:01 am and no later than 7:00 am on your scheduled pick up days
- Place trash out neatly and separately from other items such as recycling bins, brush, and bulky items.
- Trash is collected in plastic garbage bags left at the curb or alley and all bags must be closed and kept secure to prevent scattering of contents. No trash cans or containers.
Tip: To keep animals away and out of your trash bags spray your bags with a household ammonia/water mix solution. The smell will repel them from the trash.
- Loose trash will not be picked up
- Leaves and small yard waste placed in bags is acceptable
- Trash bags must be 30-gallon capacity or less
- Bags cannot weigh more than 35 lbs. each
Commercial properties will be placed on commercial hand pick up when a water account is set up. Commercial properties wanting a dumpster will need to contact Republic Services to set up an account. They also have Recycling Dumpsters available.
Glass is no longer a recyclable item and the recycling market is changing. For almost three decades American recyclables were shipped to China to be sold and recycled. Due to various economic factors, China no longer accepts the world’s recycling waste and the market has subsequently suffered. Google ‘Operation National Sword’ for more information regarding recycling.
All recyclables must be clean, empty and dry
- Aluminum containers & tin cans (canned goods)
- Plastic containers marked #1, #2 and #5
- Boxes with no wax coating or food residue
- Magazines, junk mail and soft cover books
- Medical Waste
- Plastic bags
- Anything with food/liquid residue
- Carton-style containers with gable top
- Household hazardous waste and/or containers
- Plastic containers marked #3, #4, #6, of #7 (or no number at all)
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your trash collection not answered here, contact Water/Wastewater Operations Assistant Manager David Dunn at (972) 780-5079. Republic Services provides trash collection to Residential and Commercial customers and can be reached at (972) 225-4207.
If your garbage has not been picked up by 3:00 pm, please notify Republic Services within 24 hours.
New customers can pick up a recycling bin at the city when they request water service. Residents can also pick one up at the Service Center. If you would like to trade out your old bin for a new one, please bring it with you.
You can also request a recycling bin by contacting David Dunn at 972-780-5079 or by calling Republic Services at (972) 225-4207. Please make mention if you would like a trade out of your old recycling bin for the new one.
Duncanville Service Center
330 Shady Trail, Duncanville, TX 75137