A thorough background investigation is conducted on all eligible applicants. Any misrepresentation or omission in the application or other forms will be grounds for rejection or dismissal.
- Must be a minimum of 20 1/2 years of age and shall not have reached their 45th birthday.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Must have completed 30 college classroom hours with a minimum passing grade of C or have at least two years of active military service with an honorable discharge or hold a currently active TCOLE Peace Officer license.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony at any time or a Class B misdemeanor or above in the last 10 years.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have an honorable discharge from the Armed Forces, if applicable.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20.
Physical Performance Test Requirements
- As part of the selection standards for appointment to the Duncanville Police Department, you will be required to pass a Physical Performance Test, provided you have met all prior requirements. Click here for more information on the required Physical Performance Test.