Police Records Section is responsible for:
- The daily processing and maintenance of all police offense, arrest and accident reports.
- Processing all open records requests that pertain to law enforcement records.
- Copies of reports requested and fulfilled are available during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The goal of the records unit is to provide accurate police information in a timely manner in compliance with the law.
- The daily responsibilities of the unit are handled by two full-time staff members who process incoming police reports, fulfill open records requests, maintain computer data and manage the alarm billing.
- The unit is also responsible for compiling the monthly NIBRS that is submitted to the Texas Department of Public Safety regarding crime statistics.
- Open Records requests can be requested in person or faxed to (972) 780-4948 or email email@example.com.
Accident reports are $6 (cash, check, or credit card) at the Duncanville Police Department or they can be obtained online for a fee.
For more information or to contact Records, call 972-780-5024.