Parks Rules & Regulations
In addition to all federal, state, and local laws, the following Park Ordinance No. 832, listed partially below, must be adhered to:
- No motor vehicles are allowed within a park except on paved streets or roadways and not at a speed greater than 15 MPH.
- No vehicle may stop or park in any area except in designated parking areas.
- It shall be unlawful for any person at any time in any park to possess a glass container.
- Within the limits of any City of Duncanville park, it shall be unlawful for any person in a park to possess or consume any alcoholic beverage.
- A permit must be obtained for any person in a park to conduct, operate, present, or manage the following. Such permit must be posted in the area of activity or produced upon demand by any law enforcement officer or any authorized park employee.
- Any organized activity
- Any exhibit, music event, player, motion picture, any assembly, or parade
- Any use of amplified sound equipment
- Any sale of food, drinks, or goods
- Any park use between 11:30 pm and 5:00 am, except the following through-streets:
- South Alexander Avenue
- Hill City Drive
- Steger Drive
- Cutting and removal of any dead trees
- Any park permit request shall file the following information with the director:
- The name, address, and telephone number of the person or organization applying for the permit, and if any organization, its officers.
- The exact nature of the use or activity for which the permit is being sought
- The day and hours for which the permit is desired
- The part and the portion of the park desired to be used to carry out the proposed use or activity
- An estimate of the anticipated attendance
- Any other information that the director finds to be reasonably necessary
The application shall be filed with the director for consideration not less than two days or more than 365 days before the date of the proposed use or activity. Any emergency requests for a permit may be submitted and considered at the director’s discretion. The director shall evaluate the application and render a decision on the request.