The Duncanville Fire Department
“Protecting Lives and Property with Pride and Tradition.”
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and shall not have reached their 36th birthday
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Must possess a valid class C Texas driver’s license, and possess a good driving record
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have Basic Firefighter certification through Texas Commission on Fire Protection & must be certified as an EMT through the Texas Department of State Health Services OR must be certified as Paramedic through the Texas Department of State Health Services
|Pay Scale as of 10/1/2021|
|Starting Pay||$61,014||TMRS Pension Plan||6% Paramedic Pay|
|1st Year Step||$62,943||Health Insurance||Adv. Fire Certification Pay|
|2nd Year Step||$64,873||Longevity Pay||Bilingual Pay|
|3rd Year Step||$66,804||Overtime Pay|
|4th Year Step||$68,734||Paid Vacation Time|
|5th Year Step||$70,664||Paid Holiday Time|
|6th Year Step||$75,898||Paid Sick Time|
*For those applicants with prior employment as a full-time firefighter, credit for previous experience may apply.
- To view additional information about becoming a firefighter, visit Personnel Employment Portal.
- If you have any additional questions, you can contact Fire Administration.