As we continue to deal with the impact of COVID-19 and its impact on jobs and our economy, it’s important that we work together as a community to help prevent people from being displaced from their homes. We have included answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as other resources to help navigate through these uncertain times.
As rental housing providers, we are committed to providing safe and reliable housing to our residents across North Texas, and the safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority.
TO ADDRESS THIS CRISIS, AAGD HAS TAKEN THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- Encouraged rental property owners to waive late fees and establish payment plans with residents.
- We have forms available for our members to use, including a form to adopt temporary payments plans and/or waive late payment fees.
- Supported the Texas Supreme Court order suspending evictions until after April 19 (except those involving criminal activity or imminent threat of physical harm).
- Posted resources for renters and rental property owners – whether or not they are members of AAGD – on our website (www.aagdallas.com).
- Identified and made charitable contributions to organizations providing relief to residents impacted by COVID-19.
- Advocated at the federal level for emergency rental assistance for renters in need.
For additional information and updates from the City of Duncanville visit: