The virus that causes 2019 Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is easily transmitted through person to person contact, especially in group settings, and it is essential that the spread of the virus be slowed to protect the ability of public and private health care providers to handle the influx of new patients and safeguard public health and safety. Because of the risk of the rapid spread of the virus, and the need to protect the most vulnerable members of the community, this Order requires all individuals anywhere in the city of Duncanville to shelter in place – that is, stay at home – except for certain essential activities and work to provide essential business and government services or perform essential public infrastructure construction, including housing. This Order takes effect at 9:00 p.m. on the date hereof and will continue through 11:59 p.m. on May 6th, 2020, subject to the limited exceptions and under the terms and conditions more particularly set forth below.
- Shelter in Place Amended Order effective April 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM
- The order is effective through May 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Exceptions for essential activities
- Exceptions for essential work to provide:
- Essential business
- Essential government
- Essential public infrastructure construction, including housing
- Dallas County Sheriff’s Office, Duncanville Police Department and other licensed peace officers, are hereby authorized to enforce this order.
For additional information and updates from the City of Duncanville visit: