Duncanville, TX – At approximately 3:30 PM, the Duncanville Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the 1700 block of Beaver Creek Place. They were assisted by fire departments from Dallas, Cedar Hill, DeSoto, and Ovilla. The Duncanville Emergency Response Team (CERT) was also on hand to support firefighters combatting the blaze.
In the hours after the fire was extinguished, nearby residents alerted the City of a foam-like substance appearing in their faucets, hoses, and drains. To extinguish the blaze, fire crews utilized a Class A fire suppression foam compound, which is non-toxic and not harmful. It is commonly used against combustibles such as wood, paper, and brush. The foam likely entered the water supply due to backflow caused as the fire engines worked to contain the large fire.
Immediately after receiving reports from residents, Duncanville Water Utilities began flushing the system to remove the foam substance, which looks similar to dish soap.
For those who encounter this foam-like substance overnight, it is recommended to allow water to run from the faucet for approximately 10 minutes or until clear. Duncanville residents starting their day in the morning are also asked to allow their water to run for 10 minutes to flush any residual compound from their system.
Duncanville residents who continue to see a foam-like substance in their water can report the issue by calling (972) 780-5010 during business hours or the after-hours customer service line at (972) 780-4959 or (972) 780-5013.
At this time, the structure fire is under investigation by the Duncanville Fire Marshall.
Updates will be provided as more information becomes available.