The City of Duncanville began reviewing the zoning ordinance in February 2019 with a community open house, online survey, and stakeholder interviews. Since that time, City Council, City Staff, the Planning & Zoning Commission, and the City’s consultant team have collaborated to develop a revised draft of the zoning ordinance.
The zoning ordinance establishes regulations for:
- The land-use types that are allowed in various zoning districts;
- The minimum lot size, width, and depth;
- The maximum building height and minimum setbacks from property lines;
- The minimum amount of parking required for each use type and general design requirements for parking areas;
- The minimum amount of landscaping required for developments;
- The placement and the maximum size and number of accessory structures that can be located on a property; and
- The procedures for addressing nonconforming uses and structures.
The zoning map designates the zoning districts that apply to properties throughout the City. The new zoning ordinance will combine some existing districts.
The City of Duncanville will be hosting a Virtual Open House on Thursday, November 19 at 7:00 pm. Members of the community are invited to attend this event either by registering for the Zoom event or the City’s Facebook Livestream.
Following the Virtual Open House presentation, the community is encouraged to visit https://clients.freese.com/duncanvillezoning and fill out the survey that will provide input on the draft ordinance. Alternatively, hard copies of the survey are available at City Hall. The survey is available through Thursday, December 3.
The draft ordinance is available for review on the website below.