- What is your name and what do you do? My name is Ms. Sulema Lira and I have been a bilingual elementary teacher in Duncanville for 5 years.
- What’s your favorite free-time activity? Taking my son and daughter to the Duncanville city parks.
- What’s something you’re proud of that others might not know about? (e.g. accomplishment, experience, skill) I’m proud of all of my accomplishments in life: graduating college, my 10 year experience in business, my 5 year experience in finance, and my 5 year experience as a bilingual elementary teacher. But most of all, I am proud of my children and the home I have built for them here in Duncanville.
- How long have you lived in Duncanville? I have been a part of the Duncanville community for 8 years due to employment, but I officially moved here last June.
- What’s your favorite part of living here? The small town feel in a large metroplex. Also, the school district is pretty great.
- What’s something that could be improved? Red Bird Mall could use a makeover.
- What’s a favorite memory of Duncanville that you have? My favorite memory is teaching kindergarten as my son started kindergarten at Fairmeadows Elementary. Another favorite memory is bowling at Red Bird Bowling Lanes with my family and friends.