City Council Mission Statement
Build a vibrant inclusive community driven by a commitment to democratic principle and service above self.
Council “Capstones” for Duncanville’s Future Vision
- Most engaged citizens in America
- Create high-quality neighborhoods and parks
- Be a youth sports tourism destination
- Build a “tech forward” community
- Create multi-modal transportation alternatives
- Preserve the historic Main Street and City Center areas
The City’s Work Plan
On September 20, 2016 the Duncanville City Council formally adopted the FY 2017 Work Plan, which includes the Council’s Mission Statement and the Six Capstones. This Work Plan identifies the major work items, in alignment with the FY 2017 Budget that will guide City Staff to implement and achieve the goals of the City Council. In addition, it serves to define the allocation and funding through the FY 2017 annual budget to implement the established goals toward future growth and governance of the City of Duncanville.