This is a new commission created by City Council Resolution No. 2015-020328.
- Be an advocate for the needs of our senior population at the D.L. Hopkins, Jr. Senior Center.
- Advise Parks and Recreation Advisory Board on present and future needs of the Senior Center and our senior population.
- Work with seniors and staff to define goals and objectives of the D.L. Hopkins, Jr. Senior Center; establish programs and practices to engage, educate and stimulate seniors.
- Work with Parks and Recreation Board to plan for future needs of seniors through Parks Master Planning process.
- Work with seniors and staff to identify best practices for maintaining housing values – senior specific issues, programs.
- Provide historical input of Duncanville sports legacy; work with other commissions to brand Duncanville as “City of Champions.”
- MEETS AT 7 PM :
- Second Thursday of the month
- MEETING PLACE :
- D.L. HOPKINS, JR. SENIOR CENTER
- NORTHSIDE ROOM
- 206 James Collins Blvd
To provide Duncanville residents with a community that promotes vital aging and life satisfaction through meaningful active social engagement and civic participation.
Please also visit our D.L. Hopkins, Jr., Senior Center website