To empower individuals in Duncanville, through education, to take responsibility for enhancing their community environment.
Each Keep Duncanville Beautiful (KDB) Board member should have or be able to provide:
- A genuine interest in the mission of the organization and its stated focus of litter prevention, beautification, and community improvement
- Experience in, and / or knowledge of business operations, media, public relations, special events, economic development, education, gardening, or other similar areas
- Four (4) hours per month to work on the Board’s purpose and attend monthly board meetings.
- Attend monthly board meeting
- Participate in the annual KDB Cleanup Day held in conjunction with the Texas Trash Off event
- Attend an orientation for KDB
- Attend annual board retreat / workshop
- Review the Keep Texas Beautiful Manual
- Attend a Keep Texas Beautiful Basic Training Workshop
- Represent KDB at other organization meetings and events
BOARD MEMBER SELECTION AND TERM LENGTH
Keep Duncanville Beautiful Board members are appointed by the City Council and serve staggered terms of two (2) years with eligibility for reappointment for an unlimited number of terms. The City Council may elect to appoint a person to the Board to fulfill a vacant position. In addition, the Council will determine the number of members each year with no limit to the number of members that may serve on the Board.
Keep Duncanville Beautiful “Adopt-A-Park” Program
The Adopt-A-Park Program gives civic-minded individuals, organizations, and businesses the opportunity to participate in creating a cleaner, more beautiful community. Click here to find out how you can Adopt-A-Park.
Assistant Director of Parks and Recreation
|Mary Ann Taylor, Chairperson|
|Liz Smith, Vice-Chairperson|
|J. Reece Edwards|