NOW RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS
To promote citizen participation and engagement in the government process and activities; and, to foster cooperative relationships among culturally diverse citizens in order to fulfill the needs and desires of Duncanville’s culturally diverse community.
- MEETS AT 6:30 PM :
- Third Thursday of the month
- MEETING PLACE :
- City Hall, Briefing Room
- To act as an advisory board to the City Council to promote citizen participation and engagement in the government process and activities
- To foster cooperative relationships among culturally diverse citizens in order to fulfill the needs and desires of Duncanville’s culturally diverse community
- Create new and expand established opportunities for citizens to participate in a variety of multicultural activities that recognize and honor diverse cultures and faiths
- Provide educational opportunities to welcome and familiarize new residents with the community. Design programs to give all citizens the occasion to learn more about our local government, gain awareness about local issues, and learn about the many opportunities for citizen involvement in community activities
- Provide recommendations to the governing body on matters relating to the cultural diversity and heritage of the citizens of Duncanville and ways to improve recognition of federally designated months, such as Black History Month, Irish-American Heritage Month, Asian-Pacific Heritage Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, etc. and significant Texas dates
- Work in collaboration with neighborhood groups, interested parties, and leaders of Duncanville’s faith community.
- Prompt attendance at all meetings is urged. If three (3) meetings are missed without a valid excuse, the member may be replaced.
|Carol Curley Davis|
|Mary Fae Kamm|