Duncanville Needs You!
Serve on a City Board / Commission
Your talent and expertise can help forge the future of Duncanville! Now more than ever, the City of Duncanville needs leaders like you to join a Board or Commission to help bridge the gap between our citizens and the City Council. As a Board or Commission Member, you will have a seat at the table to ensure your community is heard and to help our City Council form policy decisions that will affect the future of Duncanville.
The Duncanville City Council is currently accepting applications from citizens interested in volunteering their service on one of the City’s boards or commissions. To be eligible to serve, one must be a resident of the City of Duncanville, and not be in arrears on City of Duncanville ad valorem taxes or fines or fees.
Applications are being accepted for the following Boards and Commissions:
- City Planning & Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Library Advisory Board
- Sign Control Board
- Duncanville Community & Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC)
- Keep Duncanville Beautiful Board
- Duncanville Community Multicultural Commission
- Duncanville Social Engagement Partnership
- Tri-City Animal Shelter Advisory Board
- Duncanville Civil Service Commission (Appointments to be made in October)
Applications will be accepted thru July 15, 2016. Following the application deadline, each applicant will be contacted to schedule a brief interview with the City Council. Appointments to the Boards and Commissions are then made in August by the City Council.
Anyone interested in serving is encouraged to forward a completed application no later than July 15, 2016 to Mary E. Jones, City Secretary, P.O. Box 380280, Duncanville, Texas, 75138-0280; or to email@example.com; or in person at City Hall, 203 E. Wheatland Road. An application may be obtained at City Hall or by visiting the City’s web page at www.ci.duncanville.tx.us. For more information, please call 972-780-5017.