- This event has passed.
Zoning Ordinance Update Community Open House
February 6, 2019 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
The City of Duncanville is beginning the process to update the City’s Zoning Ordinance with the help from planning consultants at Freese and Nichols. This Open House meeting will allow for participants to identify key issues and opportunities affecting the City through the Zoning Ordinance. We would love to hear YOUR valuable input.
- With adoption of the Comprehensive Plan in September 2017, the City of Duncanville provided a framework for future development decisions and set the direction for change.
- A primary action for implementing the comprehensive plan is a zoning ordinance revision.
- The City last initiated a major update of the Zoning Ordinance in 1998 and completed it in 2002.
- The update will have three primary goals: to update and correct outdated regulations, address redevelopment and align the ordinance with the vision established in the Comprehensive Plan.
- A key achievement with updating the Zoning Ordinance would be removing regulatory barriers to redevelopment.
- The scope of the project is limited to the Zoning Ordinance and related development regulations.
- The City will utilize consultants from Freese and Nichols, Inc. to assist with the major update which will expedite the process to impact physical change sooner.