Information Regarding Your Trash Collection
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your trash collection not answered below, contact Water/Wastewater Superintendent Donald McKinney at (972) 780-4937. Republic Services provides trash collection to Residential and Commercial customers and can be reached at (972) 225-4207.
Commercial properties will be placed on commercial hand pick up when a water account is set up. Commercial properties wanting a dumpster will need to contact Republic Services to set up an account. They also have Recycling Dumpsters available.
Per Article XIV-G, Screening Requirements, Walls, and Fences, refuse storage areas, not within a screened rear service area which are visible from a public right-of-way for all nonresidential, and multi-family uses shall be visually screened by a minimum six (6′) foot screening wall except the side used for garbage pickup service, which much provide a gate. No container shall exceed the height of the screening wall. Refuse containers over eight (8′) feet in height shall require a variance before the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Bollards shall be installed at the rear of the enclosure.
Trash Collection Days
- Monday / Thursday – Zone 1
- Tuesday / Friday – Zone 2
Recycling Collection Days
- Monday – Zone 1A
- Tuesday – Zone 2B
- Thursday – Zone 1C
- Friday – Zone 2D
Click the image at right to download a PDF file (899 KB).
How to prepare your trash for collection:
- Place trash at your curb or alley no later than 7:00 am on your scheduled pick up days
- Place trash in plastic trash bags made for disposal of garbage. Bags should be of sufficient strength to hold contents of trash. All bags must be closed and kept secure to prevent scattering of contents. No trash cans or containers.
Tip: To keep animals away and out of your trash bags spray your bags with a household ammonia/water mix solution. The smell will repel them from the trash.
- Place trash out neatly and separately from other items such as recycling bins, brush, and bulky items.
- Lumber such as fence panels must be cut in 4ft lengths and not to exceed 4ft in width. Lumber should be stacked neatly, bundle with twine, rope or string and weigh less than 50 lbs per bundle.
- Carpet should be cut in 4ft x 10ft sections, rolled up, bundled with twine, rope or string and weigh less than 50 lbs per bundle.
- Small piles of brush, branches, limbs, and vines must be cut 4ft in length and bundled with twine, rope or string. Each bundle must weigh less than 50 lbs.
- Bulky items such as, furniture should be placed at your trash pick up location on your second trash day of the week. Do not place several large items out at one time because the garbage trucks must leave room in the trucks for garbage and other items.
If your garbage has not been picked up by 3:00 pm, please notify Republic Services within 24 hours.
New customers can pick up a recycling bin at the city when they request water service. Residents can also pick one up at the Service Center. If you would like to trade out your old bin for a new one, please bring it with you.
You can also request a recycling bin by contacting Donald McKinney or by calling Republic Services at (972) 225-4207. Please make mention if you would like a trade out of your old recycling bin for the new one.
Duncanville Service Center
330 Shady Trail, Duncanville, TX 75137
Frequently Asked Questions
Why was my trash not picked up today?
Garbage must be placed at its pick up location by 7:00 am, it must be in plastic disposal bags, under 50 lbs and it cannot have obstructions in front of it, such as vehicles. Any lumber or fence panels, landscape timbers, shed panels, etc. should be cut in dimensions of 4 feet by 4 feet with a height not to exceed 3 feet and stacked neatly.
Republic Services does not collect construction material or any liquids (especially paint).
What are the scheduled days for bulky items, such as furniture, appliances, and similar household items?
Bulky items should be placed out on your trash days, your second trash pickup day of the week is best. If you are placing out more than one bulky item, split them up among your pick-up days. The item(s) should be placed out neatly and separate from your garbage, recycling, and brush.
If you have alley pick up and the item weighs over 100 pounds, place it out front at the curb to be picked up by the Boom Truck and contact Republic Service at 972-225-4207 or 972-225-5252 to request a special pick-up.