The Water department for the City of Duncanville is responsible for the following areas of service:
- Hydrant Flushing
- The repair and maintenance of the water distribution system for the City of Duncanville;
- Conducting preventive maintenance of water lines, fire hydrants, and valves;
- Maintaining the pumps and motors at the Danieldale, Summit and North Main pump stations;
- Conducting emergency repair of main breaks;
- Repair and change out of meters;
- Installing new water taps and water meters.
- The repair and maintenance of sanitary sewer lines;
- Preventative maintenance of lines by cleaning and replacing sanitary sewer mains as necessary;
- Installing new sewer taps.
How You Can Help
A well informed public can help maintain the integrity of our wastewater system. Watch these informative video stories on the importance of properly disposing of household grease and cleaning wipes to help avoid polluting and clogging our wastewater system.
Cease The Grease
- At Home, English
- En Su Casa, Español
- Restaurant Edition
The Importance of Properly Disposing of Cleaning Wipes
Why Is Dr. Oz Looking for the Things You Flushed? (parts 1 & 2 below)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there water restrictions for the City of Duncanville?
Annually, from April 1 through October 31, watering your yard / landscaping is not allowed between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. However, you may water your yard at any time with a hand-held hose. You may use a sprinkler or your irrigation system between the hours of 6:00 pm and 10:00 am. New landscaping and/or sod may be watered at any time.
What do I need to do to have my water shut off to perform repairs?
You will need to contact Utility Billing during normal business hours to request that someone come shut off your water. Only water personnel are allowed to operate the valve on a meter. The number for Utility Billing is (972) 780-5010; if it is after hours (after 5:00 pm), please call (972) 780-4959.
What do I do if there is sewage backing up in my tub/sink/toilet/washer?
Please call (972) 780-4900 between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:00 pm or (972) 780-4959 for emergencies between the hours of 4:00 pm and 7:00 am.