Are you ready to join us? APPLY NOW!
You must bring the completed Personal History Statement to the test. Applicants will be disqualified from consideration if they do not have their completed Personal History Statement with them on test date
WE WANT YOU!
Please fill out and submit this “Interest Card” to be considered for the September 24, 2022, Civil Service examination. Deadline for applications is September 16, 2022 at 3:00 pm. Again don’t forget to bring your completed Personal History Statement with you when you take the examination or you will not be eligible to take the examination. Thank you for your interest. *NOTE: You need to use the name as it appears on your state issued driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
New officer signing bonus: New officers with no experience will receive $2,500.00 bonus upon completion of field training. New officers that hold a current TCOLE Peace Officer Certification will receive a $3,500.00 bonus upon completion of field training.
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5||Step 6||Step 7|
|Asst. Police Chief||$119,913||$124,912||$129,911||$134,909|
Credited Previous Experience
Credited Previous Experience shall be defined as one year of credited experience for every full year actively employed as a full-time law enforcement officer in a municipality with a population of 30,000 or more, a county with a population of 125,000 or more or a state law enforcement agency, not to exceed five years of Credited Previous Experience. Credited Previous Experience shall also be defined as one year of credited experience for every two full years actively employed as a full-time law enforcement officer in a municipality with a population of less than 30,000 or a county with a population of less than 125,000, not to exceed five years of Credited Previous Experience. Credited Previous Experience shall also be defined as one year of credited experience for every two full years actively employed as a full-time law enforcement officer with any TCOLE certified organization other than a municipal police organization or a county sheriff’s office Police applicants with a minimum of one year full-time prior service as a police officer must possess a TCOLE license and/or have taken and passed the TCOLE state licensing exam to qualify for Credited Previous Experience and be placed in the current pay grade of the Duncanville Police Department compensation plan. Credited Previous Experience will not apply if more than three years have passed since the most recent qualifying employment. Population figures shall be based on current information from the UTSA Texas State Data Center or the latest United States census information if outside Texas.
Regulations Regarding Lateral Entry Hiring
DUNCANVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT REGULATIONS
|SUBJECT: Lateral Entry Hiring||SECTION: 3.16|
|EFFECTIVE DATE: May 12, 2017||APPROVED:
Robert D. Brown, Jr., Chief of Police
AMENDS/SUPERSEDES: Reg. 3.16
ISSUED: February 28, 2008
The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines for making pay grade decisions for police applicants hired with prior service credit.
- GENERAL GUIDELINES
- Police applicants who possess a minimum of one (1) year full-time prior service as a Texas police officer and a TCOLE license will be placed in the current pay grade of the Duncanville Police Department compensation plan upon completion of any required training.
- Applicants with prior police field service at a Texas agency with 50 or more licensed peace officers will receive one (1) credit year for each full year of police service, not to exceed six (6) credit years.
- Applicants with prior police field service at a Texas agency with less than 50 licensed peace officers will receive one (1) credit year for each two (2) full years of police service, not to exceed six (6) credit years.
- The credited time will not count as time served in the Duncanville Police Department for any purpose(s) except determining the starting pay grade. For example, credited time will not count towards seniority, assignments, promotions, longevity, retirement or any other benefit.
- Prior service will be calculated in full years of service with an entity. Partial years of service with different entities will only be added if equal to one full year of service.
- Credited previous experience will not apply if more than three (3) years have passed since the most recent qualifying employment.
- Applicants who meet the above listed requirements and are given and accept an offer of employment will enter into the pay grade identified above once any required training has been completed. The officer will receive the next step increase on their first anniversary with the Duncanville Police Department.