Assistant Chief Brian Heard
Assistant Chief of Police Brian Heard earned a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree from Southwest Texas State University in 1986. After graduating from the NCTCOG Regional Police Academy as Class Valedictorian and Class President he was hired by the Duncanville Police Department in May 1987 and assigned to the Patrol division.
- As a Patrol Officer he received awards for the most arrests in the department in 1988 and 1991.
- As a founding member of the Tactical Team he participated in over one hundred tactical operations.
- Heard was promoted to Sergeant in 1992, and to Lieutenant in 1997. As a Lieutenant he served rotations in Patrol, Administration, and Criminal Investigation.
- He is a graduate of the Southwestern Law Enforcement Institute’s School of Police Supervision (1992) and Management College (1999).
- Additionally, he is a graduate of the Leadership Southwest Class of 2000, and the FBI National Academy Associates Command College (2004).
- He holds a Master Peace Officer certification, and is the recipient of the Medal of Valor, 3 Life Saving bars, 8 Police Commendation bars, 2 Certificates of Merit, 3 Civic Achievement bars, a 10 year Perfect Attendance bar, and 40 departmental commendations.