Application for a Free Garage Sale Permit
Garage Sale Information
- Only submit ONE application per sale.
- All garage, estate and yard sales shall be registered with the City of Duncanville. THERE IS NO FEE. Please allow up to 48 hours for approval.
- Permits are available at the Building Inspection Office, City Hall, 203 E. Wheatland, Duncanville, TX 75116, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- A Permit is required for every sale. The Permit number shall be posted and visible.
- Each sale shall not exceed four consecutive calendar days and shall not be held on consecutive weekends.
- Occasional Sales are limited to two during any six month period – (two sales between January – June and two sales between July – December).
- No new merchandise acquired solely for the purpose of resale may be sold at the garage/estate sale. No food sales allowed.
- Permits are issued to the applicant who is the legal owner or lessee of the property where the sale will be held. Duncanville residents only.
- Cancellation of Sale: A sale must be cancelled prior to the start of the sale. Contact (972) 780-5041. IF AFTER HOURS, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE WITH YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND DATE OF SALE.
Sign Placement and Regulations
- Signs must show the permit number on the top right corner and shall not exceed four square feet in area.
- Signs shall not be placed on utility poles, in medians, state right-of-ways or on the property of any other person without permission.
- Signs shall be placed behind all sidewalks with a minimum ·of 11 ½ feet into the yard from the back of the curb and must be removed after the sale is over.