Garage Sale Information
- All garage, estate and yard sales shall be registered with the City of Duncanville. THERE IS NO FEE.
- Permits are available at the Building Inspection Office, City Hall, 203 E. Wheatland, Duncanville, TX 75116, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- The duration of each sale shall not exceed four (4) consecutive days and shall not be held on consecutive weeks.
- Occasional Sales are not to exceed four in number during a calendar year (two sales during the first six months (January – June) and two during the second six months (July – December) by a person who does not hold himself out as engaging, or does not habitually engage in the business of selling tangible personal property at retail.
- Tangible personal property shall be sold only on the premises of owner or lessee of the property where the sale is conducted, and said owner or lessee must be the legal owner of such tangible personal property at the time of such sale.
- New merchandise or merchandise acquired solely for the purpose of resale is not allowed.
Sign Placement and Regulations
- Garage, estate and yard sale signs must show the permit number on the top right corner and shall not exceed four (4) square feet in area.
- Garage, estate and yard sale signs shall not be placed on utility poles, in medians, state right-of-ways or on the property of any other person without permission.
- Signs shall be placed behind all sidewalks with a minimum of 11½ feet into the yard from the back of the curb and must be removed after the sale is over.
- *Any person violating any of the provisions of City of Duncanville Ordinance No. 742, Section 12.9 shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction in the Municipal Court shall be fined in an amount not to exceed $200 per offense.