Current Building Codes
The City of Duncanville is under the following Codes as of January 20, 2012.
- International Building Code 2009
- International Residential Code 2009
- International Property Maintenance Code 2009
- International Energy Conservation Code 2009
- International Fuel Gas Code 2009
- International Mechanical Code 2009
- International Plumbing Code 2009
- National Electrical Code 2008 and Administrative Provisions of International Code Council Electric Code 2006
- International Fire Code 2009
When Are Permits Required?
Section 105.1 of the International Building Code 2009 Edition states “Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system…” must obtain a permit before the work is started.
This includes nearly any construction-related project on both residential and non-residential property. Please refer to individual subsections of this website for requirements and fees applicable to specific activities or projects. A separate Fee Schedule is also available.
Upon issuance of a permit, one or more inspections will be required before the work can be considered complete and in compliance with the applicable codes and ordinances. Please refer to Inspection Requests for more information.