The Friends of the Duncanville Public Library is a non-profit community organization composed of active and dedicated people from all walks of life. Their common bond is a desire that Duncanville have a first-rate library capable of serving an ever-expanding population in an ever-changing technological environment.
Their goals are:
- to encourage public understanding and appreciation of the library,
- to finance library requirements not provided for in the city’s annual budget, and
- to stimulate public support through donations and gifts of money, memorials, and bequests.
The Friends hold four meetings a year in the library at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month. The highlight event of the year is the Author Appreciation Dinner, which honors a Texas author each November.
- July 25 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM at Library Programming Room
- July 29 @ 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at Library Lobby Meeting Room
- October 24 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM at Library Programming Room
- January 23, 2018 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM at Library Programming Room