Duncanville Fire Prevention
The Duncanville Fire Prevention Division is community driven and is dedicated to providing valuable programs such as public education and the prevention of fires. Education is the most effective weapon in the Fire Department’s arsenal of fire prevention tools. The Fire Prevention Office is committed to providing our citizens with the most efficient tools and resources to garner safer living habits and awareness to reduce fire loss, injuries, and deaths. Our strategy is to identify and rectify unsafe behaviors to ensure the safest community possible for all.
Duncanville fire code is governed by the adoption of the International Fire Code 2009 edition, as well as adopted by the City of Duncanville’s Code of Ordinances in which forms the essential requirements to provide exceptional safety standards for the citizens and visitors of Duncanville.
The Fire Prevention Division is comprised of two staff members, Duncanville Fire Marshal, Mike Trousdale, and certified Fire Inspector, Pam McAllister. Their division is responsible for a diverse range of tasks which include, but is not limited to the following:
- Fire & Arson Investigations
- Issuing permits
- Fire Alarm Installation/Modification/Repair
- Fire Sprinkler Installation/Modification/Repair
- Automatic Fire Suppression/Extinguisher System
- Other Fire Protection-Fire Pump, Etc.
- Operational Permit
- Controlled Access Gate(s)
- Contractor Registration
- Counsel Juvenile Fire Setters
- Conduct Target Hazard Inspections
- Commercial New Construction & Existing Fire Code Inspections
- Train operation personnel on fire inspections and fire protection systems
- Provide Fire & Safety Public Education to our schools, churches, businesses, and community groups.
- Assist with large scale emergencies requiring EOC activation
- Public Information Request
- Emergency Preparedness & Planning
- Fire Drills
- Coordination of Station Tours
The public can report suspicious activity involving fires by calling:
Toll-Free Arson Hotline at
Or visit the Texas Department of Insurance website.