The Finance Department produces a variety of reports including budget and financial reports. The City received an unmodified opinion for Fiscal Year 2016 which is included in the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. This is the best opinion the City could have received! The Finance department also earned the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
Preliminary Budget Workshop June 20-21, 2018
A pre-budget workshop for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 was held on Wednesday, June 20 and Thursday, June 21 in the City Hall Briefing Room. Discussion topics included:
- FY 18 Work Plan Update
- FY 18 Budget Status – Projected
- FY 19 General Fund Budget Outlook
- Personnel, Compensation and Benefits
- Major Supplemental Requests
- Budgetary Impacts of Potential Programs
- Tax Rate and Exemptions
- FY 19 Utility Fund Outlook
- Stormwater Utility Drainage Fee
- Capital Improvement Plans (CIP)
- Other Funds, including Duncanville Community and Economic Development (DCEDC) Fun
Citizen Input Results – April 10 Town Hall Meeting
Citizens had an opportunity for input in regard to the FY 2019 budget planning and a potential bond program at the April 10, 2018, Town Hall Meeting.