The Duncanville City Council is currently accepting applications from citizens interested in volunteering their service on one of the City’s boards or commissions. To be eligible to serve, one must be a resident of the City of Duncanville, and not be in arrears on City of Duncanville ad valorem taxes, fines or fees.
Applications are being accepted for the following Boards and Commissions:
- City Planning & Zoning Commission
- Neighborhood Vitality Commission
- Tri-City Animal Shelter
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Library Advisory Board
- Sign Control Board
- Duncanville Community & Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC)
- Keep Duncanville Beautiful Board
- Multicultural Social Engagement Partnership
- Senior Advocacy Commission
- Sister City Commission
- Tax Increment Finance Reinvestment Zone Board
- Civil Service (Term beginning October 1, 2019).
Applications will be accepted from June 3, 2019 thru July 5, 2019. Following the application deadline, each applicant will be contacted to schedule a brief interview with the City Council. Interviews for Boards and Commissions will be made on July 29, 2019 and July 30, 2019 with new appointments beginning on September 3, 2019, with the exception of Civil Service Commission which will begin on October 1, 2019.
Anyone interested in serving is encouraged to forward a completed application no later than July 5, 2019 to Kristin Downs, City Secretary, P.O. Box 380280, Duncanville, Texas, 75138-0280; to email@example.com: or in person at City Hall, 203 E. Wheatland Road. An application may be obtained at City Hall or by visiting the City’s webpage at www.duncanville.com. For more information, please call 972-780-5017.