Republic Services is working diligently to pick up the high volumes of brush that are being placed at the curbs for pickup. Due to the extra volume, brush pickup could take up to three weeks.
Please place large piles of brush in front of your house at the curb in the following manner:
• Cut brush in lengths of 6 to 8 feet.
• Stack brush loosely at the street curb.
• Brush piles should be free of metal, wire, trash and/or fencing material.
• Be mindful of where you place the pile to avoid damage to anything above, around and under the pile that may not be seen by the operator.
• Keep piles at least 6 feet from mail boxes, utility poles, fire hydrants, cars, or any other obstructions that could potentially be damaged and/or cause a delay in service.
If you have only a small amount of brush, please place it in your normal trash pickup location in the following manner:
• Brush, limbs, tree trimmings, shrubs, and vines must be cut in lengths not to exceed 4 feet.
• Brush, trunks and limbs cannot exceed 6 inches in diameter.
• Stack neatly with a height not to exceed 3 feet.
• Secure in bundles with a weight limit not to exceed 50 pounds.
• Stack with garbage
If your small brush piles were not picked up with your normal trash collection, or to learn when Republic is scheduled to be in your area for large pickup, please contact Jessica Smith, Solid Waste Coordinator, at 972-780-4946.